September and October are two of my favorite months of the year because of the cooler, crisp air, pumpkin everything, and Halloween events and fall festivals galore! Here I’ve rounded up tons of fun events you can enjoy with your family in the Twin Cities. Many are free, some are at cost (but so worth it!). And there are some drive-thru events!
Be sure to check in advance as some require registration in advance and may be filled up, and some events may change or be cancelled.
Check back often for updates!!!!!
Got an event to add? Email me at email@example.com!!!!
October Ongoing Events
Sever’s Fall Festival & Corn Maze. Shakopee. Open September 10, 2021 – October 31, 2021.
Twin Cities Harvest Festival & Corn Maze. Brooklyn Park. Open daily September 18th through October 31st. Free admission to marketplace, $6 – 10 admission for corn maze and activities. Enter my giveaway for 4 tickets by Tuesday, September 21st!
Screamin’ Green Hauntoween at Crayola Experience. Mall of America. September 25 – October 31. Screamin’ Green Hauntoween returns for a month of spooky family fun! Join us for more than five weeks of spook-tastic crafts, trick-or-treating and more! Children are encouraged to wear costumes for the event (no costume masks). Get LOWEST-PRICED tickets through my special link! Tickets are $17.50 (regularly $22.99 – $24.99). Here’s how:
- Just click on my personalized online store web link (URL) and enter the access code TCFM. (Or visit https://tickets.crayolaexperience.com and enter my personalized store name: Twin Cities Frugal Mom)
- You’ll be able to purchase and print the tickets right away, saving you time waiting at the entrance turnstiles and bypassing ticket booth lines! And they’re valid for up to a year.
Storyland! Minnesota Children’s Museum, St. Paul. OPEN NOW! (They opened early!) Don’t forget to use my discount code “TCFM” to save $3 per ticket every day online!
Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular. October 1 – November 7. Minnesota Zoo, Apple Valley. Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular is back for a 3rd year at the Minnesota Zoo! Wander through the glow of thousands of artfully carved pumpkins all alight in the night. This season, carve out a little time to bask in the glow of nature and enjoy this truly magical experience. (Buy tickets online)
Pirate Party at SEA LIFE. October 1 – 31. Sea Life, Mall of America. Ahoy Mateys! Our divers have been busy hiding treasure inside Minnesota’s largest aquarium. Guests can follow a treasure map through 1.3 million gallons of the deep to seek out sea creatures and treasure! Buccaneers of all ages can complete challenges to earn their very own treasure – and even cause some mischief with MN Jack Sparrow by SEA LIFE’s pirate ship!
Pirate Party activities include:
- Follow a treasure map to find the hidden treasure chests and uncover a mystery phrase
- Dive into pirate life in the Activity Zone earning yer pirate name, challenging yer crew in pirate games, decorating yer own hat or sword and more!
- Snap a selfie with MN Jack Sparrow (11am-3pm on select dates only)
- Claim your pirate booty at the X marks the spot!