Minnesota is home to amazing family attractions, museums, zoos, parks and so much more.
I grew up in Duluth and then moved to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area to start a family, but no matter where you go in the state, there is so much to discover and explore with kids of all ages.
Cities throughout the state have so much to draw families, from the SPAM Museum in Austin, to the Lake Superior Zoo in Duluth, to Valleyfair in Shakopee!
In my 13+ years of blogging here, I’ve done so much with my family, and have written about TONS of places which you can check out on my page called “Reviews A to Z.” But I decided to compile them all here by category for easy searching!
This is a long list, but more can certainly be added. In fact, I hope to keep adding more and more! What would you add to this list?
Thank you to Jessica Meyer for her contributions to this list!
A note about links
I realize that adding links would have made this a more useful resource, but I did NOT include links for each item on this list for two reasons:
- Google does not like blog posts with over 100 links
- Links change so much that inevitably there would be a broken link no matter how often I update the list, so to avoid that issue I leave it up to you to find the websites yourself. But I did include links to my reviews and discounts and I will continue to add them as I can!
In the time of COVID
Also note that due to COVID, some of these listings may be either temporarily closed or operating at reduced hours/capacity. Be sure to check in advance.
Make this your bucket list for family fun in Minnesota!
Thank you for visiting and be sure to check back for new additions!
NEW Interactive Spreadsheet
After I posted “The Ultimate List of Minnesota Family Fun” it was so helpful to one reader that she created an interactive spreadsheet version of it and sent it to me! She also added some more regional information.
Thank you to Elizabeth Goskesen for putting this spreadsheet together!
You can search the spreadsheet by city/region, or by type of attraction, or name.
To use it:
Click on the down arrow in each column OR right click on each column to sort A to Z or Z to A.
To search for a specific attraction or anything else in the spreadsheet, hold “Control” & “F” to open the “Find” window, and search in that.
Works best on a desktop computer.
If you are viewing on your phone, it helps to download the Google Sheets app.
The Ultimate List of Minnesota Family Fun
(Last updated: September 2023)
- Adventure Zone (Duluth)
- Arcade Arena (Roseville)
- The Burrow (Oakdale) – see my Reel from our visit!
- Can Can Wonderland (St. Paul)
- Como Town (St. Paul)
- The Fun Lab (Blaine)
- Grand Slam Family Fun Center (Coon Rapids)
- Jump 4 Fun Indoor Amusement Center (Alexandria)
- Nickelodeon Universe (Bloomington)
- Paul Bunyan Land (Brainerd)
- Starcade (Roseville)
- Valley Fair (Shakopee) – Get discounted tickets via my link!
- Wow Zone (Mankato)
- Zap Arcade (Jordan)