I’m writing this on a mild, sunny Saturday in February, a perfect day for being outside in winter in Minnesota.
I grew up in Duluth, where outdoor winter fun is in abundance – especially hills to ski or sled down. And if you love being outdoors in winter, there’s still plenty of time to enjoy these activities this season! It’s also a great time to introduce the kids to skiing or snowboarding.
Spirit Mountain in Duluth is the ultimate destination in Duluth for outdoor fun year-round, and they have a “Winter Kids” Skiing program that’s worth checking out, especially with spring break coming already in March for many Minnesota families.
This Winter Kids Skiing program is for kids ages 4 through 12 years-old and is available every day through the winter season. There’s also a Winter Kids Snowboarding program, but since that takes more muscle development than skiing, it starts at age 6.
About the program:
- A full-day program runs from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. and includes a lift ticket, rental equipment, group lesson and lunch for $69 per child, plus tax.
- After the session is complete; the ticket remains valid for the remainder of the day.
- A half-day session is also available and includes a two-hour lift ticket, rental equipment and lesson for $63 per child, plus tax. Half-day sessions run at 10 a.m.- noon or 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. and after the session the ticket can be upgraded to a full-day for $5.
- Families can also purchase four-packs of Winter Kids Programs that can be used for kids within the same family. The packs are valid for use on Friday through Sunday, as well as holidays and are priced at $220 for a full-day session or $196 for a half-day session, plus tax.
What if you have a teen?
For teens, Spirit Mountain has a Learn to Ski & Ride Package for ages 13 and up. It includes a beginner lift ticket, rental equipment and 1.5- hour lesson. These programs are designed to accelerate the learning curve by utilizing beginner specific equipment with an innovative teaching technique to maximize enjoyment the first time on the snow. Price is $59 per person, plus tax, and it’s offered daily at 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m. or 5 p.m.
For the littlest tots
Spirit Mountain even has a program for kids ages 2 through 4. It’s called Wee-Ski & Wee-Board and basically introduces young kids to skiing and snowboarding in a fun and playful 45-minute intro lesson. The cost is $39 per child and includes lesson and rental equipment – basically everything you need except some warm winter clothes!
Of course, families can enjoy activities together any day at Spirit Mountain, They have some deals on their website worth checking out, including:
- Sunday Super Saver – $10 Lift Ticket, $10 Ski or Snowboard Rental Package, $10 Helmet Rental and $10 Endless Lesson offered Sundays from 3-6pm on select dates
- $10 or $5 off a lift ticket (depending on day) if you’re a pass holder at another ski resort
Also be sure to check out their Moms, Pops & Tots Thursdays.
Fourth Graders Ski Free
And did you know that fourth graders can ski FREE with a Minnesota Ski Areas Passport? The passport is $19.95 but fourth graders can get two visits FREE to each participating resort in Minnesota, including Spirit Mountain!
For more info about Spirit Mountain
For more information on the Winter Kids Programs and Lessons at Spirit Mountain, visit https://www.spiritmt.com/
Main Web Site: https://www.spiritmt.com/
Villas Web Site: http://spiritmt.com/mountain-
Spirit Mountain Deals Link: http://spiritmt.com/deals
Also read about our family’s fun experience at Spirit Mountain last summer!
I’ve partnered with Spirit Mountain to give away an AWESOME winter skiing package for one lucky family! It includes:
- (2) Adult lift tickets with rentals
- (2) All-day winter kids programs with helmet rentals
- (4) Two-hour snow tubing tickets
It’s good through the rest of the winter season.
To enter, just fill out the Rafflecopter form below. You can get up to 10 entries total. For 3 entries just leave a comment below!
Note that if you click “I Commented” be sure you actually left a blog comment for your entries to be counted (yes they are verified)!
Enter by Sunday, February 25th, 2018 at 11:00pm. The winner will be chosen randomly and contacted by email (so be sure to leave an email you check regularly!).