Are you looking for an awesome and SAFE opportunity for your kids to have fun, learn new things and interact with other kids their age?
Scouting with Northern Star BSA could be a great fit! The Scouts have changed a lot over the years, and now have expanded and diversified their programming to meet the needs of more families across the area.
And now during COVID-19, they continue to offer great programming, but just with safety measures in place.
So if your child has been feeling isolated or bored during COVID-19 (like many!), and you want something positive and healthy for them to be a part of, check it out!
To help you decide, here are 5 reasons to consider signing up your child(ren) for Cub Scouting this fall!
1) Events are coming up! There are really cool events coming up right away!
Some upcoming local events right here in the Twin Cities area include:
2020 Spooky-Ree Family Campout (Oct 2 – 4) – This overnight campout with a fall-theme is always a great time! Filled with fun activities for your Cub Scout!
2020 Fall Day Camp (Oct 3 – 4) – Fall Day Camp is a half-day opportunity for all Cub Scouts and their families to kick off the school year with a fun experience. New Scouts and parents get to participate in activities like Archery, BB Guns, GaGa Ball, and games while learning about the year-round camping opportunities Scouting offers. Older Scouts get to learn new skills and enjoy fun outdoor activities.
There are many more – see more info and register online here: https://joincubs.org/.
2) Cub Scouts is open to boys and girls from kindergarten to 5th grade. It’s not just for boys anymore (how cool that sisters and brothers can participate together!) and it is a great way to kick off the school year for your kids!
3) Cub Scouts go on field trips, campouts, family outings, do community service and have fun. Cub Scouts involves the whole family and you get to explore the world and make a difference together!
4) Scouts learn self-reliance, responsibility, confidence and teamwork that lasts a lifetime. “Be prepared” is more than their motto. Scouting teaches kids to serve others, work together, take responsibility and lead by example.
5) It’s affordable! Youth registration for 2020 – 2021 is $180, but all kids can join regardless of ability to pay.
Register online here: http://joincubs.org/.
PLUS – every new Cub Scout will receive an adventure waterbottle, a glow-in-the-dark t-shirt and a ticket to FREE fall daycamp!
About the Scouts
A few years ago I wrote about the Boy Scouts of America and their annual “Heroes Start Here” campaign to invite all eligible boys to join scouts. I even visited Northern Star Council’s Base Camp in St. Paul which was a TON of fun – I did rock climbing and explored the many activities that anyone can participate in there!
Then I brought my own son to his elementary school for this event that same year, since he was just old enough to join then. I was quickly sold and signed him up! Throughout the year he did many activities and social service projects, and made some new friends! He started as a Lion and then became a Tiger Cub in his first year.
And then in 2018 a whole NEW Base Camp opened up with new features and activities!
Scouting is such a great opportunity for boys and girls to have fun and learn great skills while supporting our local communities through volunteer projects.
(Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. However, all opinions are 100% mine.)