The Great Wolf Lodge is opening in Bloomington this December!
I’ve been attending fun preview events and learning all about this incredible family vacation (and staycation) destination from the Great Wolf Lodge Minnesota team so I can share all the news with you!
My family is super excited about everything we’re learning!
Here’s the scoop:
- The Great Wolf Lodge Minnesota is opening where the Water Park of America was (they closed in January).
- There will be 404 guest suites, including Family Suites, Queen Cabin Suites and Majestic Bunk Bed Suites (yes, your kids can still sleep in bunk beds there!).
- This will be a first-class, year-round family destination.
- You will only be able to use the water park if you’re a hotel guest. This is different from the Water Park of America, where you could visit the water park for a day. I know this is a bummer for many – but this way the experience will be more inclusive for resort guests (definitely a great staycation opportunity!).
- The 75,000 square-foot indoor water park is their signature attraction, which will be heated to a comfortable 84 degrees (just like the Water Park of America – the water was so nice and warm there too). It also includes Fort Mackenzie – a multi-level interactive water fort treehouse with a massive tipping water bucket, Crooked Creek lazy river, Slap Tail Pond wave pool, River Canyon Run family raft ride, along with high thrill water slides, water features for toddlers and more.
- There will be way more than the water park for family entertainment including Great Wolf Adventure Park, a full service family entertainment center featuring the Howlers Peak Ropes Course, Ten Paw mini bowling, Northern Lights Arcade, and a multi-story rock wall.
- A fan-favorite of kids visiting Great Wolf Lodge is MaqiQuest, the brand’s exclusive live-action adventure game where guests scour the resort using magic wands to uncover relics and runes needed to defeat dragons and goblins. And kids can enjoy a trip to Scooops Kids Spa, the perfect place for ice cream-themed manicures and pedicures (yes – a spa just for kids!!!).
- You’ll also be able to choose from several dining options, including Loose Moose Family Kitchen, serving buffet-style breakfast and dinner daily, and Barnwood, a new dining concept featuring small plates and craft cocktails. There’s also Hungry as a Wolf, offering handmade pizza and pasta, Buckets Incredible Craveables for delicious poolside fare, and more.
I had the pleasure of attending a dining preview dinner this month at the Lynhall in Minneapolis. I enjoyed a 3-course dinner with others including journalists and foodie bloggers. It was awesome! There were yummy hors d’oeuvres featuring samplings from the Barnwood Bar and the 3-course dinner featured menu items from Campfire Kitchen.
It was ALL delicious – though my personal favorite was the 1st course of Risotto, Butternut Squash and Mushroom (bottom left in picture above – the steak to the right was amazing too).
I love that the Great Wolf Lodge is offering so many incredible options for everything – not just entertainment but dining as well!
Since I’m all about deals and saving money, I have to share a great deal with you that the Great Wolf Lodge has going on right now. If you book by October 31st you can save 30% with promo code GRAND.
More info here: https://www.greatwolf.com/minnesota/deals/grand-opening-offer
Included with your stay are Kids Activities, Story Time and The Forest Friends Show!
This expires soon but I’ll be sharing any new deals as well as new information I find out – check back here regularly!
(Photos courtesy of Great Wolf Lodge except where otherwise noted.)