(This post was sponsored by MedExpress. However, all opinions are 100% mine.)
During this past year, someone in our family has had to visit urgent care a total of 3 times. One time was when my daughter had strep throat (like everyone in her class), another was when my son said he swallowed a paper clip (thankfully he didn’t, but I won’t forget that!), and the other time was because I was having unexplainable fatigue (because no mom does, right?).
Each time we visited, the wait time was anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours, which is a big reason I dislike having to go there. You just never know how long the wait is, and with our family’s busy schedule, every minute counts!
This is why I was glad to learn recently of a new option in Minnesota for everyone including families, called MedExpress.
On September 16th, two MedExpress Neighborhood Medical Centers opened in the Twin Cities – one in Eden Prairie, and one in Plymouth. With centers throughout the U.S., MedExpress has now expanded here to Minnesota with a total of 19 centers planned in the coming year, including Cloquet, Mankato and Brooklyn Park.
I visited the Plymouth location with Alex Gravelle, Area Manager, who gave me a tour of the their walk-in center, starting with their welcoming staff and reception area.
One thing that sets MedExpress apart from other facilities is how neighborhood and community focused they are – which you can tell right from when you enter.
The building is designed so that everything is within close proximity, and the rooms are comfortable, smaller and less intimidating than larger facilities. The first room patients are brought to is the check-in room, here.
There are several patient rooms- including one with a bed for patients needing to lie down or receive an IV, and an X-Ray room.
The facility was very open, and the medical team was super friendly. They have a physician or advanced practitioner on duty at all times – in fact, MedExpress is physician led, having been started by physicians originally in West Virginia in 2001.
What sets MedExpress apart from other medical centers?
I learned that MedExpress is focused on patient centricity through every step of the process, and they believe in GCF – Great. Care. Fast. (or Genuine. Caring. Friendly!) It’s a neighborhood medical center, which means it’s convenient for busy families like yours and mine!
Wondering where the nearest location will be to you?
There are a total of 19 planned throughout the metro area and state. I like that many locations are near colleges throughout the state so your kids can receive care within the same network of care providers:
5 Things Minnesota Families Should Know About MedExpress
- MedExpress is a fast, neighborhood alternative to larger clinics. They’re open 7 days a week from 8:00am to 8:00pm, and their goal is to get you in and out in 45 minutes.
- MedExpress offers everything from flu shots to EKGs, X-rays, lab services and even minor surgical procedures. They treat broken bones, sprains, burns, colds and flu, and many other injuries and illnesses.
- They can do sports and school physicals which cost only $30. View their infographic about sports physicals to get a great, visual overview.
- MedExpress accepts most major insurance but also offers affordable pricing and a Prompt-Pay discount if you pay in full at the time of service.
- They’re very connected to the communities in which they serve, and partner with local organizations to offer special free events for kids like Teddy Bear Clinics. Watch for more info soon!
In November 2016: Free Admission to ‘Healthy Toddler Time’ at Sky Zone Trampoline Park!
Every Tuesday in November, beginning November 8, MedExpress will sponsor admission for up to 50 children 5-years- old and younger and one adult jumper to Sky Zone for ‘Healthy Toddler Time’ from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.!
Dates: Nov. 8, 15, 22 and 29, 2016
9:30 – 11 a.m.
13310 Industrial Park Blvd
Plymouth, MN 55441
Want to learn more? Read about MedExpress and all the services they offer here.