There are many fun places to visit in the Twin Cities this Mother’s Day weekend where moms and grandmas get in FREE! Here are some I could find! (Check back for updates!)
American Swedish Institute. Moms and grandmas receive FREE museum admission on Mother’s Day! 12:00pm – 5:00pm.
Bell Museum of Natural History. Free admission on Sundays including Mother’s Day. 12 – 5pm.
Como Zoo. Always free (though donations are welcome). Enjoy the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory’s Mother’s Day Bonsai Show Saturday and Sunday.
Como-Harriet Streetcar Line. Moms ride free on Sunday, May 8th (12:30 – 8:30pm).
Fishing – Moms can fish free without a license this weekend both Saturday and Sunday. (Note fishing opener weekend is the next weekend, May 14 – 15!)
Landmark Center – Saint Paul Civic Symphony Annual Mother’s Day Concert
Musser Cortile; 1:00 pm; Free. Join the Saint Paul Civic Symphony for their Annual Mother’s Day Concert. This is a public’s perennial favorite and you want to come early for the best seats. The Saint Paul Civic Symphony will do a performance around the theme of “A Slavic Bouquet.” The program will feature Slavic dance and a fairy tale, along with Tchaikovsky’s Violin Concerto by guest soloist Helen Chang Haertaen of the Minnesota Orchestra. Bring your mother in for a special performance and a way to say thanks for being Mom!
Minneapolis Institute of Arts. Sunday, May 8th is this month’s Family Day at the MIA from 11:00 – 5:00. The entire event is free!
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. National Public Gardens Day is Friday, May 6th. Free gate admission all day!
Minnesota Zoo – Moms get in free both Saturday and Sunday. Plus, special offers at the gift store, Great Clips IMAX Theater (free mom with paying ticket), and Penguin Cafe for moms both days. May 7-8.
Oliver H. Kelley Farm – Moms get in free Saturday (10-5) and Sunday (12-5) when accompanied by a child. Check out my review with photos here. Explore the Kelley Farm as it springs to life on Mother’s Day Weekend. Help plant seeds in the garden, harvest the first greens and meet the new baby animals as they try out their young legs. Parents, children and grandparents are encouraged to enjoy this event together. (Fees $6-9)
Three Rivers Park District. The Three Rivers Park District is offering various fun events for moms. For example:
- Flower Walk and Tea Party at the Lowry Nature Center (Sunday, 1:00 – 2:30pm – Registration required)
- Animal Moms at the Richardson Nature Center (Sunday 3:00 – 4:00pm, FREE)
- Mother’s Day Clay at Silverwood Park (Sunday 10:00am – 12:00pm; $25 per adult-child pair)
- The Queen Bee: Mother of the Hive at Eastman Nature Center (Sunday 1:00 – 4:00pm)
Twin Cities Premium Outlets – Celebrating Moms takes place on Saturday, May 7, from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., and provides moms with a much-needed opportunity to treat themselves to a day out and celebrate motherhood through a fun, fashionable shopping experience. FREE and open to all women!
Event attendees can do much more than just shop for spring style must-haves. Moms and their friends can experience:
- The Sip and Paint experience. Every 30 minutes 20 lucky ladies will be able to sit down and let their creativity shine with the art of painting. Come early to sign-up and secure your complimentary painting time.
- Indulge in a Complimenatry Sweet Treat
- Free gifts for the first 125 moms who spend $150 at the center
- Complimentary Massages
- Enjoy the Pony Tail Bar
- Meet-and-greet with a fashion consultant
- Complimentary jewelry cleaning
- Register to win prizes and much more….